Proposal for the new Season (Update)
The Football Committee have suggested the following:
Part 1 of the Season
- The season will start on 7th/8th August and finish 4th/5th December. Each division will have 8 teams and they will play 14 games up to 5th December
- There will be medals and trophies for the winners. We will not issue medals for the runners-up as every season we are left with 80% of the medals. The first part of the season will have promotion and relegation and the Football Committee will decide if either 2 or 3 will be promoted and 2 or 3 will be relegated.
- Under 8s & 9s will be twin games on Saturdays
- Under 8s & 9s will be twin games on Sundays
- Under 10s & 11s will be 7-a-side on Saturdays & Sundays
- Under 12s will be 9-a-side Saturdays & Sundays
- Under 13s & 14s will be 11-a-side Saturdays & Sundays
- Under 15s to 18s will be 11-a-side Sundays
- It is imperative all clubs buy-in to Saturday and Sunday football as we are hearing from some clubs that we don't offer the services of Saturday and Sunday football. This season we want all clubs to engage fully with the concept of Saturday and Sunday football.
Part 2 of the Season
- This will commence early February and will be completed late May/early June
- There will be groups of 8 teams and there will be cup competitions for under 10s to under 18 years of age.
- The same format will apply for each age group as of part one of the season.
During the season 2021/2022 you will play more games than ever in the NDSL you will be playing 28 games in your league plus a minimum of 3 to 5 games in your cup competition.
Our cup finals will take place at the end of May 2022 in the Oscar Traynor Centre.
Our main reason for this format is the children have not played football in over 18th months and we want to make sure each of the children are playing at the correct standard and ability in order for them to enjoy the playing season.
The Football Committee would like to present this format to our clubs for the 2021/2022 season and we hope you will give them your support.